In an effort to showcase our students’ talents, BOSS will holds auditions in the spring to cast our company performance numbers. Participants are cast & featured in specialty numbers to best showcase individual strengths. auditions are also to the community! We want to provide an opportunity for as many students as possible to participate and discover just what it takes to put on a shoW… from script to stage!
back to top
We’re just about ready to cast our 2020-2021 BOSS Showcase company! Company is open to any and all interested in a performance company.
For our Showcase Company, we seek performers interested in participating in the following:
- Musical Theatre (Jazz) & Song Performance
- Hip Hop
- 10 Year Dancer Solo or Ensemble Number
Company is open to all current BOSS students!
SUMMER MUSICAL THEATRE INTENSIVE
MONDAY, JULY 5 - GROUP AUDITIONS
TUESDAY - JULY 6 - INDIVIDUAL AUDITIONS
Where: BROADWAY OPEN STAGE STUDIO
Who: BOSS students & public ages 7 and up
MON JULY 5 – 6:00-7:30P
Lead/Specific Role Auditions:
TUE JULY 6 – 5:30-7:30P
AUDITION DAY FORMAT:
- Introductions & group greeting
- Choreography instruction & practice
- Small group choreography audition
- Whole group song instruction
- Whole group song practice
- Small group song audition
- Individual song auditions
- Sign-in begins at 12:30p & auditions begin promptly at 1:00p.
- All auditions will follow a closed format.
- Parents should plan to sign students in to audition and return at the designated time. (2:30p if group ONLY/2:30-4p if individual)
Makeup or callback auditions for individual (dance or voice) will take place when announced
back to top
How to Prepare: Ensemble/Whole Group Auditions
- Students should come ready to move, dance, sing, and play.
- Whole group dance/vocal auditions first followed by small group/individual auditions. (1-2:30pm)
- Students interested in whole group numbers only do not need to prepare anything additional for auditions.
How to Prepare: Solo/Specialty Auditions
- Participants interested in featured vocal numbers should come prepared to sing one of the songs from below.
- Participants interested in dance solo/featured numbers should come with 6-8 eight-counts of choreography set to one of the audition songs, as requested.
- Participants with other unique talents should come prepared to showcase skills/routine. Material should be 1-5 minutes in length. Please indicate your skills/routine prior to individual auditions for planning purposes.
SUMMER AUDITIONS ONLY: Please note, AUDITIONS ARE NOT MANDATORY to participate in our Summer Intensive. There will be in-camp auditions held the first day of camp for those who were unable to attend auditions or register after audition dates.
back to top